#FEEDTHELAMB

           



For the launch of Spireite Gazette we have spoken to Carl Lamb. Carl had been playing in Australia following spells in non-league football with the likes of Droylsden, Witton Albion and Aberystwyth Town. Lamb agreed to join Chesterfield on a on-contract basis after impressing in training and scoring four goals in a practice match.

Paul Cook on Carl

"Carl is a player we've taken a punt on, he was about to be released but then he played in a practice game and scored four goals."
 "He's got a fantastic habit of scoring and the lads have taken to him. It's a little bit of a gamble and if it works out, that'll be fantastic."

Despite never playing for Chesterfield he became quite a fan favourite, with supporters calling for him to get a chance to play. We wanted to find out what Lamb's thoughts were on the club, it's players and his future.

Were you surprised how well the fans took to you?

''The Spireite fans were really great with me which made me even more keen to play for them and made me work harder each day to get the chance to play for Chesterfield FC. I'm gutted I've not got a chance to prove myself to them.''

What did you think of the set up of the club?

''The set up was amazing!''
 ''The pitch, training ground and all the facilities are spot on, which will always help you improve as a player.''
''Everyone at the club works extremely hard everyday to make sure the players are ready and prepared for match day.''
How do you think the club will do this season?
''They are a great footballing side with a great manager who wants to win every game, I think they will make the play-offs.''


What do you think of Chesterfield as a town? Are you planning to stay here?
''Chesterfield is a great town''

 ''Apart from the fact you get called duck! Haha.''
''I would love to stay here but I can only really do so if a contract was offered at the Spireites. I'd love to play abroad again, I love the lifestyle.''

Now you've signed for Alfreton,


Are you enjoying your time there?
''I am, yeah, I enjoy playing and I'm getting game time and it's giving me match fitness.Everyone here has made me feel very welcome. ''

Do you have a target of how many goal you would like to score? 
''I just take every game as it comes, I enjoy playing and I’m enjoying playing football again in England. Scoring goals is obviously a bonus, I will always try and score every game I play.''

Do you think you would like to stay there?
''Now I had a taste of being with a professional outfit like Chesterfield I would love a chance to play league football, so I'm putting myself in the shop window. Alferton is a good club and we will have to see what comes of it.''

Thanks Carl, all the best in the future.

Find out later what Carl thinks of the players, training and the biggest characters 






Comments

Popular Posts