New kitman announced


Chesterfield FC have appointed a new kitman to replace the retiring Steve McVann. Steve's last game will be the home match against Rochdale.

McVann : ''It's not just the age thing forcing me to finish , but the fact that a few days later i'm in for the first of my hip replacements''

McVann took over the role of kitman from Tony Lormor in July 2014.



Chesterfield director Ashley Carson informed fans, ''There has been a new kitman appointed. His name is Jason Baker and he lives in Sheffield. He has no previous experience.''

Carson continued ''I was informed via Chris Turner that Steve was intending to leave on his birthday and he totally refused to work until the end of the season. Steve has been a top bloke. When I spoke to Steve he informed me that he thought a reserve kit man at Leicester may be interested. I said "fantastic" as trying to find a kit man is not easy.''

''From my point of view we must firstly have someone who is not a "Fan" and be totally confidential. Things that the kit man hear and see in the dressing room at half time, need to stay in there. No disrespect but someone not directly connected to Chesterfield is good, that is why the Leicester guy was appealing. Steve messaged him several times and he never responded.''



''Time ticking by and I mentioned it to Jason who used to work for me. He is a football mad nut and very organised. He had just started a clerical job but his first love is football, he is also a referee, not sure what level, but pretty good.''
''Steve suggested he shadowed him for a morning and then a match. Steve 100% supported Jason and said that he thought he would be perfect.''

Barker will receive a small pay increase on McVann. Ashley Carson stated ''Yes he has received a small increase in pay to what Steve was earning, but hey, this is not a 9 - 5 job and some weeks Steve works 70 hours, don't forget he also looks after the reserves and youth. I am confident Jason will do a great job''


 ''He is very professional, discreet, honest and trustworthy, I also had very good feedback from Roger and Ritchie. Steve really liked him, I called Steve and he was very happy.''

''This is all about finding someone suitable and I can assure you if I thought he could not do the job, he would not be here.''

Full Ashley Carson Statement

We wish Steve the very best in the future, his twitter is @SteveMcvann

Welcome new kitman Jason Barker!



Comments

Popular Posts