Patience is key for Saunders


Patience is key for Saunders before signing new faces for the Spireites.

One of the Chesterfield first transfer targets under Dean Saunders is set to sign for conference side Wrexham but manager Dean Saunders has to bide his time before committing in the summer transfer window.

When asked about a potential move to Chesterfield FC, Lee Fowler, who played under Saunders at Wrexham, Doncaster and Crawley, told the Daily Post "There were a couple I wanted to speak to because of their manager and style of play, it was only between two clubs and that was Wrexham and Chesterfield."



"Dean did offer me something, but it wasn’t a firm offer, I trust him implicitly and I like to think I could have signed at Chesterfield, but the deal wasn’t quite right at that moment."


"It would have had to be a case of waiting a couple of months, whereas Wrexham wanted to offer me there and then''

New Chesterfield boss Dean Saunders has already spoken on Lee Fowler, he commented ''He's a great footballer Lee, wasted talent, which I've told him. I enjoy watching him train. (He) should be playing in the Championship, Lee is as good a footballer as anybody in League One."

"I can't move right now as I don't know what's going to happen with Jimmy''


At the moment it's a case of Saunders retaining what he has before he can start adding his squad. Saunders has already sealed the re-signing of fan favourite Drew Talbot and awaiting the responses from out of contract players Jimmy Ryan and Armand Gnanduillet.


Dean Saunders commented to Radio Sheffield about the importance of keeping the current star players at Chesterfield. "My toughest job... keeping all the players that have done well at the club."

Saunders is  keen to keep already contracted Gary Roberts, Sam Clucas, Tendayi Darikwa and Sam Morsy from potential vultures. 

"I've got lists of players I'd like in but if I dive in to soon and players leave who I didn't expect to leave, because we get offers we can't refuse or they want to leave then I find myself messing my budget up"

"I hope the fans can be patient, I will be signing some good players, but we might have to hang on a bit."






Comments

Popular Posts